Written by Miaisha Peoples, Feb. 23, 2016
Hey my PEEPS! I am here with an easy to make and very hard to disappoint recipe for my INFAMOUS TACO DIP! I have gotten so many requests to make this taco dip and to share the secret recipe so who better to share it with than you! I made this for a gathering I had with my bridal party and I felt bad that I didn’t make a round two because the dip was long gone and people were craving more lol! I always say a good sign of a good recipe is when you get asked for it and I am sure you will get asked if you make this dip! This dip is great for a small gathering( you may want to make more than one pan that’s just how good it is) or for an appetizer for dinner. Another valuable thing about this dip is you get so much bang for the amount of $10 or less. I am giving you fair warning this dip can be very addictive so be very careful giving this one a try.
What you’ll need:
-1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
-1/2 cup diced white onions
-1 lb of lean ground turkey
– Mix of the following seasonings for the meat : Seasoning Salt, Pepper, Ground Cumin and Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb( You can more than likely substitute the Mrs. Dash with onion and garlic powder if you don’t have the Mrs. Dash on deck)
-1 Pack of Taco Seasoning
-1 small tub of Sour cream (8 oz should be fine)
-1 full package of cream cheese (8 oz tub or package will work) (get this out and let it get soft it makes it easier to stir)
-Can of Mild Salsa (16 oz)
-Fiesta or Mexican Blend Cheese (8 oz bag)
– 1/2-1 cup of chopped green onions ( Optional)
So let’s get cooking:
- Start with about a tablespoon of olive oil and let it get hot
- Next add your white onions and lb of lean ground turkey
- Then take your seasonings as mentioned above and season the meat
- Cook until the meat has browned
- Next add your taco seasoning as directed, you can simply add the water in the packet if you don’t want to waste dishes and get all of the seasonings out lol!
- Stir the seasonings around and let it coat the meat
- While the seasonings are coating mix your softened cream cheese( leave it out prior so it is soft) with the sour cream in a small mixing bowl
- Then put your meat in your pan and be sure to spread it evenly.
- Add your sour cream/cream cheese mix by spreading this all over the meat
- Next add your salsa layer followed by your layer of the cheese and top with green onions( optional)
- Let this bake in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Take out oven and let it cool!
- Enjoy your dip with chips 🙂
I hope you guys have enjoyed this recipe! It is a hit in my circle and I’m sure it will be in yours. If you want more recipes please like and comment below. Let me know if you would like me to share the recipe for my Creamy Bacon Ranch Dip as well.