Written by Miaisha Miller
Summer will be over before we know it and we don’t want to waste these good months of vibes and days full of sunshine. Some of these things on the list I’ve knocked off and there are a few that I have to get to going on. I wanted to compile a list of things that could be good for solo adventures, date nights, or group outings. Since I am currently residing in Metro Detroit, I tried to give Metro Detroit Examples where I could! HOWEVER, most major cities have similar attractions available close or nearby. So if I missed anything let me know and I’ll add it! Let’s get to it before the fall leaves start dropping, hopefully you can knock a few off in the next few weeks.
- Lounge in the Pool/Poolside.
- Go for an Outdoor Run.-Make sure you take a water to stay hydrated.
- Try a new restaurant.-Summer is great for eating out on the deck and trying out summer specials.
- Try a new summer inspired drink. -Some of my favorite summer drinks are Moscow Mule, White Peach Sangria and Watermelon Margaritas :-)!
- Go on a nature walk. – Just you the trees and your favorite trail, but of course let someone know where you’re going if you’re going it alone.
- Get some Ice Cream.- A few of my favorites are Menchie’s and the Custard Hut in Dearborn Heights :-)!
- Take a day trip within a hour drive to some where you’ve never been before.
- Take a cooking class.
- Get on the grill. – Veggies or your favorite meats what ever is to your liking.
- Try out canoeing, kayaking, or tubing.
- Go to a fair.-There are usual fairs all over your area some let you know in advance and some simply pop up and out at you.
- Attend a Festival-Taco Festivals( August 12), Rib Festivals ( August 11-13), and Music Festivals just to name a few are all the buzz during the Summer Season.
- Go on a book date. -No phone(s) just pages being turned.-Some of my favorite books I’ve read recently are You are a Badass by Jen Cincero and a favorite the Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
- Comedy Show.
- Road Trip.-Solo, with the boo, or with the gang. There is nothing like your jams and the road in front of you.
- Batting Cages or Go see people get paid to hit baseballs at a baseball game.-Let out a little aggression and let the summer breeze cool you right on down afterwards.
- Explore a new city.-Self-Explanatory
- Take a beach day.
- Do some star gazing.
- Take a Museum Trip-The DIA, Charles H. Wright African American Museum, and the Toledo Museum are some good options.
- Anything that you haven’t already done on Groupon that you’ve been wanting to try.
- Paint & Pour/Sip.
- House Window Shopping.-Only if the neighborhood allows. No trespassing please 🙂
- Visit a vineyard.
- Go camping
- Attend a Day Party/Rooftop Party.-Some of my favorites are at Exodus Downtown Detroit, 350 Terrace, and Bosco in Ferndale.
- Brunch it Up!
- Cheese and Wine Tasting. – Motor City Wine is my Favorite place to vibe out to the sound of jazz with a bottle of wine and cheese.
- 5k racing 🙂
- Salsa Dancing
- Go Kart Racing
- Concert Series
- Golf range lifestyle-Did you know most deals are made on the golf course?
- Tennis court chronicles.
- Go on a picnic date :- ) – Simple Sandwich and chips or you can make it your own gourmet style
BONUS TIP: STAY HYDRATED 🙂
Hope you enjoy these last few weeks of the summer I know I will!