Written by PrettyGirlPeeps
So this is a late post that I wanted to make sure I still got put out there since I haven’t been keeping you all up on my Socialite excursions or #diaryofanimagecultivator life ( it’s been so hectic but I’m still sorry)!
I was recently invited maybe about 2 weeks ago (July 14th to be exact) to attend another In the Mix Fashion Show if you follow my Instagram @prettygirlpeeps you’d know that I attended another one earlier this year as a guest. Well this time I was invited as a VIP Member of the Media and I decided to bring a special person with me this time……my husband! The event this year took place at the Belle Isle Aquarium in Detroit and it was a gorgeous yet hot day at the beautiful venue! The founder and host of the event Candy of CandyYams Apparel was hard at work but still managed to treat us like special guests and I so appreciate her for that! This was my husband’s first upscale fashion show and he was so impressed and surprised by the hospitality! The music was pumping and the hors d’oeurves & water which was much needed on a hot day were in constant rotation which kept the vibe moving while waiting for the show to start and in between sets!
Now on to the actual Fashion Show portion of the event I go! The models for this event were beyond beautiful and the fact that they were mastering that tiled pavement the way they did was awe inspiring. There was one model who had to be about 7 feet tall and she was definitely a chocolate Glamazon that demanded the entire room’s attention in a good way of course. I really loved the diversity in Fashion styles and types for local designers as well as boutiques. Some stand outs and personal favorites from the night were in no particular order:
- Gracious Jean who wowed everyone with her take charge presence with choice of music, attitude and looks! It was risque but not crossing the line too much which was a good thing!
- UrbanFurs- OMG I have to get one of those for the winter was the thought that was on my mind every single time a new model walked the runway! Her furs were amazing and came in all colors and styles and definitely caught the eye of me and other attendees!
- Arte- I hope I’m spelling that correctly was also another favorite whom I remembered from the first in the Mix Fashion Show! His styles were fresh and vibrant and I loved his ode to the old school R&B it was the perfect combo for his models to slay the runway!
- Luff- OMG so many amazing things that I could say about this brand but I’ll just say her attention to detail and color consistency through with different variations of different outfits on different models was definitely a win for me! She did an amazing job with picking models and outfit selection!
- I unfortunately did not get to see one of my favs from the First In the Mix I attended CandyYams set due to having to leave early but I heard & know she did amazing!
Again, there were other sets that I enjoyed and liked as well but these were definitely the stand outs to me that I’d love to see again next time!
Overall, the show was definitely successful and well attended by guests, media and press alike! I am so proud of you Candy and I hope to potentially be apart of the next show with my Boutique ” The Coral Circle Boutique” ! ( shameless plug) You all can follow Candy on Instagram here ! I thank you again for the invite and I look forward to the next one!
I took a few pictures but they were pale in comparison to the ones that were taken by the Detroit Metro Times’ Micheal Pfeiffer so I will suggest you guys go check those out Photos instead here!