Written by PrettyGirlPeeps
Hi you guys I know we are now in 2019, but I still want you guys to get some inspiration to take you into this year! Some of you know and some of you don’t that I am in love with books and I draw so much motivation and inspiration from them especially at this stage in my life. Therefore, I wanted to share the Top Books from 2018 that I enjoyed and I think you will as well. I also included some books I read prior to 2018 that are still stellar to me as well as links to all of the books ( if you purchase the books from Amazon I do get a small commission, I have to let you all know that lol)
So lets get started!
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity & Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Alwill Leyba- This book is all about really getting into how to stay motivated as a female entrepreneur in today’s world. I really loved her personal experiences as well as the narratives from other female entrepreneurs who motivate her. I liked that this book just wasn’t just all about the fluff & champagne life of everything but also about the real that comes with being an entrepreneur and also balancing that with womanhood and the multiple roles that come with this! A must read for any female entrepreneur or woman who wants to be a leader in the corporate world could even benefit from this as well in my opinion.
2. Capture Your Style: Transform Your Instagram Photos, Showcase Your Life, & Build the Ultimate Platform by Aimee Song- This book was a game changer for me and my brand last year. This book really gave me a lot of inspiration to really upgrade my mini blog “Instagram” and post more aesthetically! I loved that she used a lot of visual examples instead of just telling you how a post should look or just describing it in words. If you’ve never looked at Aimee’s feed, you should here! It is breathtaking and I’m still not there yet but I will be one day in a small part thanks to this amazing book! If you want to be a blogger, I’d definitely suggest this book as it has a lot of great tips on photography as well!
3. The Bomb Life: My Brand My Terms by Claire Sulmers- If you want to write, be a stylist, or work in any facet of the fashion industry this is a must have book! I loved how Claire really got transparent and shared her come up and her story because now a days a lot of people want to lead you to believe that they just woke up one day and were famous! I got so motivated and inspired by hearing Claire’s narratives of her start, her struggle, and her creation of her brand. Her storytelling is so strong that you don’t want to put the book down especially when she talks about her crashing party days and Paris for certain. Overall, I love Claire and I can’t wait to meet her one day because mark my words it’s going to happen!
4. From Mopping the Floors to Making Millions on Instagram: 5 Steps to Building an Online Brand by Ronne Brown- I thought this was a pretty good book especially if you are in the beginning stages of building your brand. I knew about a few of the steps, tips, and tools already from my years of research, studying Marketing in College & working for Google Adwords! But I feel like if you don’t have that background this book is essential in bringing you up to speed to really build your online presence and make an impact and profit on the online platform that is Instagram. I also feel that even if you have a background in SEO/SEM you will still love this book because Ronne is so transparent and really pours her heart out with this book and tells you the real on her journey to where she is today and I personally loved that and love her for that!
5. Creating Affluence : The A to Z Steps for A Richer Life by Deepak Chopra – This book is a quick and easy read! Chopra suggested reading it one time straight through and then going back and reading it 3 separate times so you really can soak up the information that he is trying to give to you! The book is divided by letters from A-Z with each section really giving you another step on how to draw the affluence towards you with your consciousness! I liked this book because it talked about drawing wealth and affluence ( more than just money ) your way! Again, it’s a quick ready but to me to so worth it!
6. Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media by Brittany Hennessy- To me this book was very direct and very logical, it lacked a lot of the personal narratives like the books I mentioned above but it was still a good read! I think this book was still worth it because it really went over the back end of what brands are looking for when they hire influencers and how to truly represent yourself as an influencer and make money in the industry. I feel like Brittany’s experience and expertise really make the book what it is.
7. InstaStyle : Curate Your Life, Create Stunning Photos, & Elevate Your Instagram Influence by Tessa Barton-This book is amazing because Tezza is amazing period point blank! If you don’t believe me go follow her here! This book was amazing and so helpful with really trying to set your instagram and personal online brand up in a way that is visually appealing and attracts clients and brands alike. I liked that she used a blend of narratives and visual pictures to illustrate what she was trying to say. I also liked how she had her friends chime in and give their feedback based on their respective industries s…such as Fitness, beauty, food , fashion, and lifestyle. If you have any type of personal brand that you want to show to the world in 2019. You need to go buy this book asap!
Some of my favorite books that I also think you’ll like but I didn’t read in 2018 are:
- The Four Agreements by Don Miquel Ruiz
- The Year of the Yes: How to Dance it Out, Stand in the Sun & Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes
- You are a BadAss: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness & Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- The Productivity Product: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention & Energy by Chris Bailey
These can also be found in my AmaZon Store found here! Have you read any of these books? Will you be picking up any of these books?
GIVEAWAY ALERT: I will be giving one of these books away check out my IG post here for more information on how to win!