Written by PrettyGirlPeeps
One of my goals for 2019 is to get back physically active which has a challenge the past year! I went through a rough patch doing physical therapy over the summer which made me definitely not like the gym as much lol & my best friend who was my workout partner moved to California! This all left me unmotivated compared to how I previously was! I figured if I had questions some of my community would as well! As much as I preach about skincare, I think body care is just as important if not more important so than all of the other healths! In 2019 we are getting all our houses in order, physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental! To help get some tips I thought I’d enlist my husband and personal trainer Darian Miller of DM & Co Fitness!
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself! Why’d you get started, what you do, any certifications current or in the future, how people can find you on social media,
Darian: Hey Miaisha! A bit about myself .. let’s see. I am a NASM certified personal trainer and I love fitness lol. How I got started is a loaded question, I originally got started because I hated how small I was. In college I only weighed 118lbs on a good day. Then once I lost my father in 2012, I vowed I would keep myself healthy for my family. Currently I am working on my nutrition certification, and I can be found on Instagram @Dmandcofitness
and email: email@example.com
2. What are your top 2-3 tips for someone who wants to start the new year off right?
Darian: My top two three tips are:
1: Rome was not built in a day and neither will you. Take things day by day, have a macro goal but work on and appreciate the micro milestones.
2.) You can not outwork a fork. Keep your diet in check by tracking your calories. There are tons of apps to help with tracking what you eat on the daily.
3.) #Consistency. Hold yourself accountable and recruit someone to help you with your journey. You can do it by yourself, but it’s much better to have someone behind you. Stay on the course.
3. What is the biggest mistake people make with trying to get healthy?
Darian: In my opinion, Expecting too much too quick as Fitness is a marathon & Not a quick sprint!
4. What is your favorite exercise that is easy for people to do and learn?
Darian: Believe it or not, I actually like doing quick sprints from time to time. Many people think I am strictly a power lifter or body builder! That’s not the case as quick sprints are very easy for agility and burning fat!
5. What is a great workout for busy women?
Darian: That’s a very loaded question lol. There are no best workouts in my opinion, but do what you can fit into your schedule. Everyone enjoys something different, find the fun in fitness.
6. How important is it to have a trainer? And what are your suggestions on picking a good trainer?
Darian: I believe having a trainer/ coach can be very beneficial. Getting into the gym is already hard enough, why not hire a trainer to help out ? My suggestions would be have a extensive dialogue with your trainer about your personal goals.
– Does your trainer have the extensive knowledge base that can help you get to the next level ?
– Your trainer should know there is a thin line between pushing you and over doing it.
– Your trainer should be very attentive. Off the phones and keeping their eyes on your well being.
There are many more, but those three immediately come to my head.
7. If you had 30 seconds to tell someone why they should get healthier in 2019?
Darian: Simply put Because 2019 is your year & you’re worth it ! So many unecessary diseases can be prevented by getting up, being active, and being more conscious on the things that’s being consumed. Fitness does not only correlate with the body, but it also correlates with the mind. #INSPIRE
Well there you have it folks a few quick tips on your physical health for 2019 from the Great Darian Miller of DM & Co Fitness, be sure to follow him on Instagram!
As a bonus, I’d like to include a link to my gym playlist be sure to check it out using the link here!
What are some of your fitness goals for 2019? Let me know in the comments!