Written by Pretty Girl Peeps
Self-Explanatory but here are some of my top 25 Beauty Essentials that I would suggest for Summer 2019! Check it out and let me know what you think about it in the comments below! ( Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links and I may or may not receive commission based on your purchase)
- A Good Primer- You need to set your foundation up to last and to look good for as long as it can during the warm summer months. Some of my favorite Primers are: Milk Makeup’s Hydro Grip Primer (for dry to combination skin) or their Blur Stick Primer (oily skin types) are my absolute favorites and I also suggest the Smashbox Primerizer as well.
- A Good Setting Spray- You want to set and forget your makeup in the Summer and have as little touch ups as possible since I’m assuming you’ll be out frolicking and having an amazing time. My favorite holy grail Setting Spray is Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray! I have recently also started using the Morphe Continuous Setting Spray as well and would recommend that if you want a more skin like finish. If you are balling on a budget & won’t be taking pictures later in the day, you can also try the Milani Brand Setting Sprays in either Make It Last ( oily skin) or Make it Dewy ( for dry skin)!
- A Good Foundation- Whether you want to keep it matte or you prefer a more dewy look in the summer time there are some good options for you out there! The key is to find your summer shade so you aren’t out here looking crazy still rocking your winter shade because they tend to change and we want you to flourish and look good this summer! My favorite holy grail foundation is the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation it is amazing and gives a gorg skin like finish that is unmatched. Closely followed by the Too Faced Foundation is the Maybelline Fit Me Series in either Dewy & Smooth ( Dry or Combo Skin) or Matte & Poreless (Oily Skin). Another cult classic is the Fenty Foundation as well.
- Setting Powder- You want to go easy on the setting spray even though the temptation is hard in the summer to just go in, but when you do that you risk cake face and we don’t want that girl! Don’t do it lol! Instead reach for a good setting powder that does maximum work with minimal product. Two of my favorite setting powders are: Sacha Butter Cup Setting Powder in Light and Laura Mercier’s Translucent Setting Powder.
- Highlighter- Highlighter is one of my favorite makeup products especially in the summer! In the summer, I want you to see my highlighter from a mile away honestly and that’s a fact jack lol! My favorite holy grail highlighter is the Amreezy x Anastasia Beverly Hills collab it is amazing….listen AMAZING! My second favorite Highlighters are the liquid ones from NYX Cosmetics.
- A Good Matte Lipstick- In the summer you want it to stay on all day and you want it to be popping and perfected and what better way to do that than with a good matte lipstick. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I am a Lip Bar Babe and obsessed with the Lip Bar’s products. I love their liquid matte lipsticks to death but they have just released their new Max Matte lipsticks which are soft matte formula and they apply like a dream. I’d definitely suggest them! My personal favorite is the Blue color called Icon!
- A Good Matte Lip Liner- And speaking of the Lip Bar they also just launched their new Matte Lipsticks in perfect time for the Summer season so make sure you also check them out! A good Matte Lip Liner keeps the lips primed and ready for whatever lip product you plan to have set in place for the day! They have seven colors to match a multitude of lip colors!
- A Good Everyday Lip Gloss- Sometimes you just want to throw on a gloss and go about your day! My favorite gloss is the Fenty Beauty Lip Bomb in the color Fenty Glow, it is universally flattering and oh so moisturizing for those days where you don’t want to do a lot. Closely following is the Lip Bar’s Minimalist Lip Gloss which takes you back to the summers of your teenage years!
- Face Mist – You need a good face mist for the Summer Time. I feel like it’s self explanatory but you just do, plus it’s so refreshing! My absolute favorites are the Pixi Beauty Face Mists in either the Vitamin C or Milky Mist and of course the cult classic MAC Fix Plus as well. The Evian Water spray is also pretty good just for everyday usage!
11. Edge Control- In the summer, making sure those edges are laid and stay laid is an important thing! There are so many edge controls on the market to choose from that I think it really boils down to personal preference. As for my favorite personal edge control, I like Hick’s edge control the best as it maintains and doesn’t generally flake up as bad as other products I’ve used in the past.
12. A Good Hair Oil- Your hair still need moisture in the summer months ladies so don’t slack. Instead pick a good hair oil that suits your hair type and needs. My current favorite hair oil is the Rose Mint Oil from The Beaute Guru Collection, but I also have a strong love for Jamaican Castor Oil and Oils that have Coconut in them as well.
13. A Good Shampoo- Your hair tends to get oiler and collect more sweat and product build up in the summer months so it is a good idea to shampoo with a shampoo that doesn’t strip your hairs natural oils but won’t sit on top of your hair either. Also, a shampoo that is sulfate free is ideal. My current favorite shampoo is the Rosemary Mint Shampoo from Mielle Organics.
14. A Good Leave in Conditioner- In the Summer months, I will admit I tend to skip a full conditioning routine and go straight to a leave in conditioner so I have to make sure it is good and has the effects I want and need on my hair since it’s a quicker process. My two favorite leave in conditioners are from Garnier Frutis and Creme of Nature! Both have a lot of moisture but don’t weigh your hair down at the same time.
15. Dry Shampoo- Since your hair does build up sweat and products a lot quicker, its also nice to have a good dry shampoo on deck for in between your ritual washes. The only Dry Shampoo I use is either from Dove or from Batiste. This is not a substitute for actually washing your hair when you need to but its a good way to prolong your actual between wash time.
16. Humidity Spray – So if you have very soft or fine hair like me, I am certain you struggle with humidity in the summer. Have no fear I have a semi- solution which is humidity spray! Humidity Spray doesn’t eliminate the frizz all of the time but it definitely helps maintain it a little better than without. My favorite humidity spray is from Garnier Frutis and I love that they have different levels of spray to choose from to fit your humidity and hold needs.
17. A Good Moisturizer- Yes even in the summer time you still need to moisturize that beautiful skin of yours! Some of my favorite moisturizers for the summer are the Clean and Clear Moisturizer, Clinique’s Moisture Surge and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel! I also am getting hip to Drunk Elephant Products and I love their Moisturizer as well.
18. Body Wash Mousse- This is more of a luxury item than an essential but I have to include it anyway. If you really want to treat yourself this summer, try a body wash mousse and just enjoy yourself in the shower this summer you deserve it!
19. Body Acne Control- Sweat coupled with producing more oil can equal acne even on the body in some cases. I struggle with body acne and something that really helps is the Neutrogena Body Scrub Wash I would highly suggest it if you struggle with body acne as well.
20. Shaving Creme- Summer time equals a lot more skin being shown and if you choose to shave ( it is your prerogative if you don’t), you want a good shaving creme to help with the process of shaving the body. One of my favorite shaving cremes that also provides moisture is the EOS Shaving Creme for Sensitive Skin.
21. Skin Exfoliater- You have to make sure you exfoliating all of the dead skin so it looks beautiful and supple in the summer sun! I have recommended it before and I’ll recommend again the Dove Exfoliation Line is above average and it smells amazing as well!
22. Body Butter- You want that summer time body glisten and glow body butter is the way to go this summer. It makes your skin moisturized in a light way for the summer, which I personally love. My current favorite body butter is from the line Brooklyn Body Butter.
23. Travel Deodorant- This one should really be self- explanatory but make sure you have some travel deodorant on deck. Even if you did a hundred swipes that morning sometimes if you sweat like me you need extra endurance coverage for throughout the day! The best way to do this is with a travel deodorant handy dandy and ready in your purse or bag of choice for the day. My personal favorite is the spray from Dove.
24. Sunscreen- I will not lie this is an area I’m not good in so I don’t have suggestions. But I want to get better at it and I want you all to do the same!
25. Foot Mask – A good foot mask is great for the summer month in between pedicures because let’s face it if the suns out the toes are out and you can’t be out here bold during this hot girl summer!
BONUS: WATER!!!- YOU NEED WATER …PERIOD! Hydration and to keep that skin glowing it’s definitely an essential.
So what do you guys think? Is this a good list? Am I missing anything? Will you be trying some of these goodies? Let me know in the comments below!
Since the links would not attach above here are some links to some of the places where you can find these products!