Written by PrettyGirlPeeps
Masking 101. If you’re reading this I’m sure you know that this blog post will be about….masks lol. Yep you guessed it and you were right. Fall is amongst us which means winter is around the corner and skin care couldn’t be more important to be on your agenda than right now. On today’s blog, I’ll quickly talk about some of my favorite masks and the reasons why I mask as well as the different types of masks that are out there as well. So without further ado, let’s jump right in and get started.
The Benefits of Masking
- Provides some self care/ you time inexpensively in the comfort of your own home.
- A way to pamper yourself on a tight budget.
- Helps soothe/hydrate your skin or body part depending on your needs.
- A good addition to your normal skin routine., I typically do the mask last in my skin care routine. I cleanse my face,exfoliate my face, tone my face ( sparingly), and then I use a mask of choice.
- Typically there is something for everyone.
- You can massage the oils and lubrication directly into your face after.
- The refreshing feeling that tends to follow.
- Can use multiple at one time.
- You can address your problem areas directly without the need for an expensive facial treatment. (This is in no way saying that you can’t get a facial or go see a good dermatologist or esthetican if needed.)
Types of Masking
- Sheet Face Masks– Sheet Face Masks are my favorite simply because of the ease and convenience that they bring. They also don’t require much on the clean up end you simply discard in the trash when you are done. Sheet masks are easy to pop on over your face and go about your tasks or hop in the shower and lather up and take off once you’ve dried off. The only downside of sheet masks are that they don’t come in as many varieties as the masks that you apply with your hands or a mask applicator.
- Face Masks that have to be applied– There are so many different types of masks to suit your different skin care needs on the market. Face Masks that have to be applied such as mud masks for example really make sure you hit every single crevice on your face. The only downside is that the application and face clean up can be somewhat messy at times.
- Multi Face Mask Application– This is something I got into a few years ago, which simply put is taking different face masks and applying them to different areas of your face to address different skin problems. For example, I will apply a more hydrating mask on my cheeks and under my eyes, a more soothing mask around my mouth and cheek bones, but put a mattifying or detoxifying mask on my forehead and chin area that tend to get oiler. The perk of this is that I get to hit all of the areas at once and go about my day, so I love that!
- Overnight face Masks– Self-explanatory….these are masks that work on your skin while you sleep and let you wake up refreshed 🙂
- Under Eye Masks– These are masks that are created to specifically hit the under eye area and help with problems such as wrinkles, bags, and puffiness. These are also good for eyes that are simply tired and need a good lift.
- Lip Masks– Lip Masks are new on the scene but definitely one of my favorites. These masks help make your lips soft and supple to the touch. It definitely feels like you are pampering yourself in a way that you didn’t know existed. I would suggest doing the mask after you exfoliate.
- Belly Masks– I have recently tried a Belly Mask from the Yes To Brand and it was so fun to do especially with me being pregnant. I loved massaging all of the nutrients into the skin that is stretching on my belly.
- Butt Masks– I can’t lie this made me feel really regal in a sexy kind of way lol when I tried a butt mask also from Yes To. After exfoliating my skin, this felt so amazing. The perks and benefits are a butt worth kissing and we all secretly want that lol.
- Hand Masks– One of my secret weapons especially as the weather gets cooler and my hands start to get dry beyond measure sadly. Sally Hansen sells hand masks and they aren’t that expensive. It’s a way to relax and a way to pamper one of your most used organs at the same time.
- Feet Masks– Masks for your feet that feel so darn good you’ll think you just got a pedicure. Even though pedicures are still highly suggested lol.
My Favorite Brands
You can find most of these masks almost anyway to be honest ( Target, Walmart, Amazon, Ulta, Sephora, and Walgreens) , but here are some of my favorites and where you can find them including links to my amazon store as well.
Overall, I hope you found this helpful please feel free to comment below should you have any questions.